Sunday, May 10, 2009

To My #1 Fan



My mother is the most fun, caring, and crazy woman I know. Many of you know how hard it was for my mother to let me join the Peace Corps. In fact, I almost didn't get invited because of her passionate love for me. We fought, we cried, and we grew. Somehow we have become closer through all of this. She sends me tons of care packages, calls me every Saturday, and has given me the courage to fight through my fears. She is the reason why I am here.
Mom, I love you so much and I can only hope to be half the woman you are one day.
Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

c. griffith said...

awwwww...that brought tears to my eyes!

Natalie said...

I love your posts. You are awesome, your Mom is awesome and so is the rest of your family. What a great experience you are having. I know you are making a huge difference in the lives of many.
Love you, Anna's Mom