Friday, May 29, 2009

School Renovation Project





This is the school I've been working at for the duration of my service.The bigger building was built during the French colonial period but it sadly looks in the same condition as the second building which was built a little over 10 years ago. There are only 5 classrooms for 6 grades. Just this morning, after I had a meeting with the Village Renovation commitee, I tripped over a pothole on the terrace. This place is so different than the last school I worked at in Valencia, Ca. It really breaks my heart that this is a school, but the teachers and students work with what they have.
Please if you are interested in helping out, check out this link: https://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=resources.donors.contribute.donatenow&
Scroll down on Guinea and you will find out how you can help.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Conditions are bad, but because of you the kids are learning and growing and progressing. That is what counts. Good Job!
I think of you often and admire what you are doing. You are very brave and daring.:)
Love you.

gerry said...

Hello Ciara! Again I admire you very much for the great job you are doing! Your family here in the Phillippines supports you on your endeavors!!! We Love you! and hope to see you again...Hug and kisses from Mae and FAye.

Your, Kuya Gerry