Saturday, September 19, 2009

Thank you





It's hard to explain how my visit home was. I haven't been back in almost 2 years. So much has changed while so little hasn't. The worlds are so different, the difference mainly being the pace of life. I was expecting to be overwhelmed by nice freeway overpasses, supermarkets, and options, options, options, but not by my family and friends. The minute Adam and I arrived at the airport to the minute we were dropped off was a blur of faces, smiles, and love.
We were pressed for time among our grad school interviews, reunions, and tours with visiting friends and family, but we were pushed along to see more faces. It was nice to finally show Adam about all the people I've only been able to tell him about, but I fear that I wasn't able to really show my appreciation for all that was done for us.
For all the time you took off work, studied for those exams a full week ahead, spent time preparing for another big bash, driving out to chez moi, chauffeuring us around LA, traveling on an airplane, and just being there. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your love sent through letters, emails, and care packages have gotten me through my service thus far, but seeing your faces and hearing your voices during my quick visit home, will speak to my heart forever.

1 comment:

c. griffith said...

No...thank you for gracing us with your presence! It was so much fun to just hang out with you and get to know Adam. We miss you guys! We had so much fun and look forward to more fun times in the future.